So remember my secret project I was ECSTATIC about? Well that completely fell through :(. I had found a dresser at a thrift store that I wanted to completely redo for only $40!, but when I went to go pick it up, it had a sold sign on it. See picture below.
Oh well, I guess it just wasn't meant to be. Anyways I ended up finding this cute drum table (that's what my mom calls it) for only $10!! Being my first furniture transformation I learned a lot. Here are before and after shots of the table.
1. Sanded with electric sander.
2. Spray painted primer, two cans.
3. Spray painted two coats.
4. Brush painted top of table.
5. Replaced hardware.
What I learned.
1. Be patient between coats!
2. A "pinkish" undertone means that the stain is bleeding through and more primer is needed.
3. Practice means perfect.
4. Sanding is your friend.
5. I love that this table only cost me $10, and around $30 to completely redo, with a grand total of $40!
So what do you think about my very first furniture transformation??